Now that we have learned on how to create a website using three steps, its time to do the necessary things that will help our website or blog get visitors.Since getting traffic from search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo on the initial stages of developing our website is a mirage, the best place to get traffic is from the social media and other bookmarking sites.
Creating social profiles for your website or blog is the other thing that should come to your mind – however, you can also create social media profiles before launching your website or blog – but to my experience – this approach has negative results.
Social Media Traffic for Your Website/Blog from Social Profiles
The social media traffic for you website today is different from social media traffic that I used to get when I started blogging, getting traffic from the sites its easy but the traffic is not sufficient enough for you to generate income from your website. They have developed different algorithms that benefit them when it comes to making money from targeted ads.
For instance, if you have 1000 friends on your Facebook network, and you share an update with your friends, only 16% of your friends will see the said update – all factors constant – in my experience and my study on Facebook – a case study that i will publish later – only 3% of your friends will see the update – we are talking of only 30 friends out of a list of 1000 friends – now this is serious.
This means that you need to put extra effort for your to get good traffic from Facebook than you could have done few years ago. Now Twitter is worse – in my analysis (the case study mentioned above) so far for Kenyan websites getting primary traffic from Kenyans living in Kenya – none of the top 500 websites gets any major traffic from Twitter – tough things for social media marketing.
For you to get good traffic from social media today, you need to create good social profiles for your website/blog and campaign for them in different forums on Facebook, twitter, Google plus.
Now Lets Look Into Social Profiles in Reference to Their Importance to Your Website
1. Google Page – this is as now the most important social profile you should think of developing/creating for your website. Because Google is the King in the search engines circles, it give much credit to websites sharing content through their pages. And please do not confuse this with your Google Plus profile – this are two different things. Once you create your Google Page from your Google plus profile on the pages section – you MUST link and verify your website. I have tested this on my different pages and the results are amazing. You MUST also link your Google Page with your YouTube channel. remember to use #hash-tags when sharing your posts
2. Google Plus Profile (Authorship) – This is the second most important social profile that you need to have for better rankings on search engines. Once you create your Google Plus profile – you need to have a gmail account – link your website to your profile and on the section of contributor – indicate your contribute to your website – this will help in identifying your publications online – see this screen shot
The above screen shot shows my Google rankings for my website Mybusinesstricks.com – See, this is a screenshot from Google Top 10 results and I have three links – and you still wondering why I rank so high – why I have crazy traffic to my website – its all about learning the tricks brothers/sisters. I have rankings for the site, Google Page and Google Plus Profile – do I need to add more for you to get me??
3. Pinterest – Now this is the interesting bit in the world of social media profiles. Remember you need to verify your website – most of the search with verified websites show on Google search results and Bing results – am talking from experience. Ensure you create different boards, and your posts at least have one images for a successful pin
4. Facebook – this is my surprise for you – its not the number one social profile that you should rush to create – once you create the Page, invite your friend to like and share on Facebook groups to get at least 30 likes for your to create the user name for your page. Give a description of the page using your keywords, have the link on the about section and also on the website link on the contacts sections. For success to your Facebook page, submit it to search engines for indexing and remember to ping it.
5. LinkedIn – I think this should have come before Facebook for my case – but in the overall it ranks number 5. Create your own profile on LinkedIn and link to your website as the personal blog. Now after doing this procedure, click on the companies section and create your company profile – with details and keywords of your website – this works magic.
6. StumbleUpon – when I used to have US as my main target country for my blogging career, this was the most important social profile that I considered for my blogs. And still up to today, its the most used social profile in US ranking number 3 for generating traffic after Facebook and Pinterest. Create your page, remember to stumble other pages, upload your work as safe work and remember to ping it to search engines.
7. Twitter – Get your website on Twitter and follow the guys who like your niche
7. Dzone – This is a cool site for you to submit articles, and get targeted traffic back to your site
8. Reddit – This is a good site for bookmarking your website – ensure to adhere to all the guidelines on their homepage.
9. Digg, Delicious, Diigo,Tagza – consider them for your bookmarking
Additional Profile YouTube Channel – creating a YouTube channel for you website should be prioritized because YouTube is the second biggest search engine after Google and your site should be picked up by this search engine – I will have a detailed post on YouTube channel, SEO and how to create good videos
There are so many bookmarking sites on the Internet and I have listed the main ones which will help you get search engine recognition and drive organic traffic at the end of the day to your website or blog.
Statistics From MyBusinessTricks.com -
When am not sharing anything on social media – this is how my traffic stats look like
30% – Google.com
26% – Google.co.ke
10% – Disqus comments
8% – LinkedIn
5% – GooglePage and Google Plus
4% – Facebook
3% – Direct
4% – Others
However, if I have posted a new article, especially a thought provoking one – the above statistics change drastically and Facebook becomes number one referral, twitter, LinkedIn for the specific day and the specific article. – and when this happens – my Adsense earnings drop by 40% – its life of blogging.
Creating social profiles for your website its very important and should happen immediately before starting to write articles for publication – ensure each of your articles is picked by the social media – you are on the right track to get good traffic from this world.